Tonight, While my parents were out of the house having some alone time, I decided “Hey, I want some garlic bread.” so I hauled out the ingredients to make the dough. By the time I had the dough made, Mom and Dad were home and I said to mom “Oh, Hey, I’m making garlic bread. Want some?” and of course, she said yes. I mean, who doesn’t like garlic bread? Other than people who are lactose intolerant or can’t eat grains. Which must be really horrible, Because garlic bread is a delicious yet fattening dish. What’s not to love?
I then decided to start making my garlic butter, with some spices and stuff in it. Usually Mom just chucks some chopped up garlic in butter, but I usually just slowly melt butter and garlic in a pan. I was feeling a bit lazy, so I decided to just microwave the butter, With a clove of garlic that I cut in half and chucked in. the microwave we are currently using is only 700 watts, so you have to put things in for about twice as long as a regular microwave. So I put it in, and I watch it. After about 3 seconds, I see a flame. so I open the microwave, check it out, and sure enough, The garlic had spontaneously burst into flames. Awesome, right?
So I go into the room that Mom’s in and say “Mommy, I made fire in the microwave!” And you think that’s something that would alarm most parents, And likely ban you from using the microwave again. But no, Not my mother. she said “Really? That’s awesome! Lets go see if you can do it again!”
So we went, finished microwaving it and no flames appeared. they were slightly disappointed, But I showed them where the garlic charred, So they know it did actually light on fire. Meaghan said at first she thought I was joking, But no. I really am that awesome that I make things (such as garlic) spontaneously burst into flames.